- How to start using the ShortPixel plugin for WordPress?
- How social media contributes towards consolidating your business?
- Tools for recording website users - why should you use one?
- Simple Tips & Tricks to make email marketing more effective and fruitful
- Bolt (formerly Taxify) re-defined the perception of public conveyance in Europe
How to start using the ShortPixel plugin for WordPress?
The ShortPixel Image Optimizer is a plugin for WordPress that provides website owners with the opportunity to optimize bulk images and use them on their websites. The plugin is directly installed on the dashboard of WordPress. It makes use of cutting edge compression technology to reduce image file size by as much as 90% without compromising on the image quality. The extension lets you optimize photos so that webpages can load quickly for visitors and there is no excessive file size addition while uploading images to websites.
Why use the ShortPixel plugin?
You can get plenty of features with the ShortPixel Image Optimizer plugin, such as:
• 24-hour support
• Multisite usage
• No limits on file size
• Full data privacy
• Automated compression
• Easy optimization of batch images
• WooCommerce plugin compatibility
• One-click restoration of original images
• Fast backup of original images
• Compatibility with WP Engine and every other major hosting provider
• Availability of both lossless and lossy optimization techniques, along with ability to compare images
• Support for various file formats, such as PNG, JPG, both animated and static GIF, as well as PDF documents.
How to start using ShortPixel?
It is easy to use ShortPixel for the optimization of images that can begin instantly after the configuration of just a few settings.
Sign Up for a free account
If you want to use this plugin, first you have to register for a free account. Just type in your own email address and then wait for an email to land up in your inbox, carrying further instructions.
Once you get the email from the team of ShortPixel, you will get information that first of all you should install the WordPress plugin ShortPixel Image Optimizer in your site.
Navigate to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress dashboard. Look for the ShortPixel Image Optimizer option and then choose Install. Next, choose ‘Activate’ and search a new menu item called ShortPixel in the WordPress dashboard of your account. You can find this under the Settings option.
Activate the ShortPixel Plugin
You can find information in the same email to set up the ShortPixel plugin in your site. You can find a personal API Key allotted to you in order to activate the plugin for starting the process of optimization.
Once you get your API Key, you can check Settings > ShortPixel and type it into the suitable field. Click on the ‘Validate’ option. You can get an email that informs that you have a valid API Key.
Configure the ShortPixel Settings
Check the Settings tab, and you can pick from varied configuration settings to be able to get the best possible image optimization.
• Compression Type – You can pick from the lossy compression technique that is recommended or instead, try the lossless compression. This is a good option, as it explains what each image type is – so that your selection is supported.
• Thumbnail Inclusion – Consider whether you should include the thumbnails of your images in the picture compression process. Keep in mind, however, that ShortPixel offers recommendation and explanation.
• Image Backup – You may prefer to retain an original image backup in an isolated folder.
• RGB and CMYK Conversion – Adjust the photos for mobile and computer display.
• Remove EXIF – Take a decision on whether or not you want to get rid of the EXIF tag.
• Resize Bigger Images – This is perfect to use on bigger photos that are taken with mobile phone, and resize them automatically to get particular dimensions when you upload them to your own Media Library.
Save and Proceed to Bulk Process
When you configure the ShortPixel plugin to your desired settings, you can save the changes and begin to optimize the images that are existing already.
ShortPixel will mention the number of original images that you have already, how many smaller thumbnails can be found and a complete bulk optimization count for the photos. You can just click on the button that is named ‘Start Optimizing’.
When you begin the process of optimization, you should wait for the entire process to be completed. In case you have many images to be optimized, you have to be ready for it to take a lot of time.
You can see a progress bar being displayed. Thus, you can get a rough understanding of how much you are into the process. With a side by side comparison, you can get an optimized and original image with the optimization mentioned in terms of percentage.
After completion of the process, you can get a small report that details the process of optimization.
This will include:
• The full number of images optimized
• The thumbnails optimized
• Total number of files processed
• Files with optimization less than 5%
• The full quota being used, which is essential for the pricing packages
• Average rate of optimization
• Amount of space saved ultimately
You may even find the information in the tab Statistics adjacent to the Settings tab of the plugin.
About the Account
Check the first email that has your API Key. You can also find a password to access the account that you actually registered for. You may change the plan here, and check the optimization statistics for the last 40 days. You can locate the API Key for you, email about ShortPixel to a friend as well as register for its affiliate program.
The ShortPixel Image Optimizer ultimately appears to be extremely promising, because the solution can easily be used to optimize images – either on the WP website or those that you will upload quickly. The extension has the best combination of affordability, support and features that are lacking in other image optimization. If you want an easy program to help you in image optimization, while reducing the bounce rates, boosting conversions, increasing your website rank status on Google and drawing online traffic to your own website, it is recommended that you try this plugin.